Warm greetings in this season of storms!
Pinay sa Holland (Filipinas in Holland) invites you to support our benefit concert and fund-raising campaign for the storm victims in the Philippines. Entitled ‘Bangon, Pinoy! Rise above the storm’, it’s a concert to celebrate the unsinkable Filipino spirit, which has prevailed amidst the fury and havoc of typhoons that recently passed and contiue to threaten the country.
What do we want to achieve?
We are a non-profit organisation duly registered with the KvK (Kamer van Koophandel). Our goal is to raise funds for the massive relief and rehabilitation efforts for the poorest and most vulnerable victims of flooding and landslides in the Philippines caused by the tropical storm Ondoy (Ketsana) and super-typhoon Pepeng (Parma). We want to focus on direct support for children, women, elderly and the differently-abled.
Who are the beneficiaries?
We want to help in two ways. We want to aid in immediate national relief operations provided by the Philippine National Red Cross, and concurrently support community-based disaster management and rehabilitation initiatives provided by the Citizens’ Disaster Response Center (CDRC).
What can you do to help?
There are three ways to help: come to the benefit concert; donate online or offline; promote our campaign.
1. Purchase a ticket to the benefit concert “Bangon, Pinoy! Rise above the storm”.
- Nov. 22, 2009 | 7:30-10 pm | Nassaukerk, Wiitenkade 111 Amsterdam
- Buy tickets online on our fund raising community site. Or order them from me. 😉
- Not only can you make a direct impact on people’s lives, but you also get to enjoy a night of songs and stories. PLUS some Filipino snacks to go with the music. 😉 (That wasn’t a bribe).
- Check this post for the performers
2. Can’t attend the concert? Donate online or offline.
- You can donate online via our campaign site or our community site. Go to http://www.pinaysaholland.org for more details.
- Donate 50 euros and you’ll get a variety of Filipino snacks to share with your family or colleagues as a token of our appreciation.
3. Promote our campaign.
- Spread the word to your network. Share with them the links at the end of this email.
- Print out our flyers and hang it around your school or work place. Download it here.
- Add our Donate/Campaign widget on your own site and blog or share on your social network. Get the widget here.
Our campaign runs from Oct. 26 – Nov. 29, 2009. Please consider how you can best support our cause. We will post weekly updates and an end report to make sure you’re aware of the progress of the fund raising.
If you have any questions or want anything clarified, just email us at email@example.com or call +31206165288. Of course, you can always contact me directly.
We appreciate any help you can give. Thank you in advance! “Maraming salamat!”
Wishing you loads of karmic cash in the future!
Share these links with your network
Pinay sa Holland website:
Pinay sa Holland campaign site (info on the campaign):
Concert information (Meet the performers)
Concert community fundraising site (for ticket purchase):
Direct link (within concert community fundraising site) to instructions on how to pay for tickets online
Pinay sa Holland community profile page (for online donations only):
Donation widgets/buttons you can use to add to your own website, blog, intranet or other social networks:
http://pinaysaholland.org/2009/10/26/278/ (575 x 480)
http://pinaysaholland.org/2009/10/25/donate-widget-smaller-version/ (425 x 350)
Concert flyers (how to buy tickets)